The theme for “The Uglies”?
September 3rd, 2013
I'm writing an essay about the theme of the book, "the Uglies". I have a pick a sentence from the book and describe why it shows the theme of the story. My theme is, "Love yourself the way you are and don't forget that outer beauty is not as important as what's inside." My sentence is, "Maybe what was inside her did mattered to him more than anything else."I wrote a body paragraph describing the sentence, but I don't know if I did this right or not. Please help to see if I described it right?This sentence exemplifies the theme of "The Uglies" because it displays a moment of enlightenment in Tally; a moment when she starts to believe that she might not be as ugly as she thought she was. Since Tally is raised in a world of tremendous beauty, she’s been forced to accept that she is ugly. Society slowly builds the pressure on her so it’s difficult for her to develop confidence, and that she can only follow along with the crowd, waiting for the day she gets her surgery to become pretty. This is purely a distraction for the uglies, because if the uglies cannot develop confidence, they cannot look beyond outer beauty, and therefore cannot do bold things to stand out in society. This prevents conflict and trouble. However, it’s very emotionally damaging for a teenager to constantly think about how unattractive they are. This is why in "The Uglies", this is such an important event, because Tally finally makes a breakthrough and sees herself in a better light.Thank you!
- Translation from English to French? - Ok so I am a highschool student and I really need some help. I am terrible at french and my french teacher isn’t going to pass me unless I make her a nice composition about beauty and what selfcare means to me. Ok now this is the text I’ve thought about(in english). Would anyone be
- How to do a 5 paragraph essay? - Introduction The Introduction consists of an opening line. This opening line can be a generalization about life that pertains to your topic. It can also be a quotation. Another segway into the introduction is to start it with a little anecdote (or story). By “breaking the ice” so to speak with the
- Is this fine essay? - The Human Obsession “Beauty is in the eye of beholder,” is an unknown proverb in contemporary society. It is a simple sentence that does not make sense anymore. Some women, and now many more men, think social interaction and personal success are dependent on physical attraction, and unfortunately, in
- Would you help me to correct my ENGLISH essay? - The topic is: Some people think space travel such as landing on the moon is important while others argue it will not be remembered by people. Discuss both views and give your opinion. You should finish the essay within 45 minutes and no less than 250 words.My essay is:Outer space always arouses human curiosity and
- Could I possibly have ADD? - - I always seem to forget things, mainly homework and sometimes writing utensils. I also seem to forget to do projects/essays/etc.- I don’t like reading at all, and I can only read well if it interests me or if I’m following it with someone reading out loud. And sometimes if the book interests me, I
- Should beauty pageants be banned? Why or why not? - I am writing an essay on beauty pageants and the effects they have on society. In your opinion, do you think beauty pageants should be banned? Or do you find them necessary? Or are they acceptable as long as some rules are adjusted? What is your opinion on beauty pageants?
User tags:theme paragraphs on the ugliestheme
- Need a good literary novel with clear themes/thesis/can relate to movies,newspapers, magazine articles, etc.? - I have to choose a good book to read that i have to do an essay on. Using whatever is in the book i have to choose the theme and make up a thesis based on it. I also have to include other things that relate to the specific theme that are in movies/magazines/newspapers, etc.
- theme paragraphs on the uglies
- theme statement for uglies
- thesis statement for uglies
- tematic statement for uglies
- theme quoted from uglies
- themestic statement for uglies book
- uglies theme essay
- what is the theme statement in uglies