August 3rd, 2013
Thomas Jefferson and James K. Polk were both strong, influential leaders during their presidencies in the 1800’s. While Jefferson acquired the Louisiana Purchase, Polk set down the idea of Manifest Destiny. Although Jefferson and Polk’s accomplishments often contrasted, both presidents made large contributions to the rapid growth and expansion of the United States.do you think this is good? i feel like something is missing. this is an essay that is supposed to compare and contrast the jeffersonian expansion with polk's manifest destiny.
- Can you expand on this? - I am writing a paper, but I would like to add more to this paragraph. The objective of the essay is to pick one forefather and list some contributions of that person and their significance to the creation of the US. I picked Thomas Jefferson. I added a portion about the Louisiana
- I need tips on how to write a Compare and Contrast Essay? - How do you write a good compare and contrast essay? I have two stories that I need to both compare and contrast. They need to be compared and contrasted on the plot, characters, setting, etc. How do I do this successfully? Weblinks, advice, and samples would be appreciated. 10 points to the best answer! Thanks
- Help with homework need to graduate? - Essay help please. I’m not to good with History. Need for graduation requirements.?The United States’ Monroe Doctrine warned the European nations not to interfere with the emerging states of Latin America. It stated that any interference would not please the United States and might signal involvement on its part.Hypothetically, if a small country like Djibouti
- Can somebody please explain this US History question for me? (Easy 10 pts!)? - I have an essay due and this is the question…. (I’m not asking anyone to answer the question for me I just need help with the question)The American experience beginning with colonial settlement was one of continental expansion until the United States became a country “from sea to shining sea”. In each of the three
- Is this a good introduction for my essay? - Its a DBQ, and thats the question:To what extent was late nineteenth century and early twentieth century united states expansionism a continuation of past united states expansionism and to what extent was it a departure?Intro:The United States has always been an expansionist country; it started out as thirteen colonies and became a fifty-state country with
- AP US history non-DBQ essay help? *Manifest Destiny*? - Was American expansion across North America an “inevitable” development? How was the idea of Manifest Destiny used to justify expansionism?—————————————…I’m not cheating i just need some topic ideas or a structure to work with. i have ideas, but need a little help from u history people.
User tags:destiny paragraphmanifest destiny paragraph
- Essay help please? - I am writing a compare and contrast essay on mexico and the united states but I am stuck. Any suggestions what I could compare and contrast? So far this is what I have:”Live with vultures, become a vulture, live with crows, become a crow”(Laotin Proverb). Our varying cultures exert a powerful, long-lasting influence on our
- destiny paragraph
- manifest destiny paragraph